[cfe-dev] Clang::SemaCXX/reinterpret-cast.cpp failing

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sun Nov 22 13:37:30 PST 2009

* Ahmed Charles:

>> Linux uses LP64. I'd expect this to be an issue only on Windows 64-bit
>> builds, where LLP64 is an issue.
>>

> Just curious, what's LP64/LLP64?

"longs and pointers are 64 bits, and the rest is 32 bits or less" and
"long longs and pointers are 64 bits, and the rest (including long) is
32 bits".  I think LLP64 is sometimes also called P64.  In short, on
Windows, you've got sizeof(long) == 4, no matter if you're running in
32 bit or 64 bit mode.  But on most UNIX systems, sizeof(long) ==
sizeof(void *), so it is 8 in 64 bit mode.