[cfe-dev] -fms-extensions/LangOptions::Microsoft

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 10:45:22 PST 2009

I see that LangOptions::Microsoft no longer defaults to true in a Visual
Studio build, but that it is passed in from the driver.

What is the reason for that?

I'm concerned about the implications of the differences in behavior between
default compilation of a file with clang vs. clang-cc.

For example, compiling a file that includes stdio.h with clang-cc on
Windows will now by default break unless -fms-extensions is used.  It will
work if compiled with clang.

Thus if I have a test that includes stdio.h and uses clang-cc, I have no way
to do it generically because I would ahve to use -fms-extensions to make it
work on Windows.

--
John Thompson
John.Thompson.JTSoftware at gmail.com