[cfe-dev] Using clang static analyzer on linux with Objective C for arm-apple-darwin9-gcc

Jay Bone jbonedev at gmail.com
Thu May 28 23:17:02 PDT 2009

Fantastic. Got things working.

Okay here's the deal:
I'd really like to thank everyone here for your help. The prompt responses
on this list have been amazing. Everyone is extremely polite and helpful.
Much more than I expected from a mailing list.

When using a cross compiler compiled with --with-sysroot we need to use:
scan-build --use-cc
To point to the location of our cross compiler.

We need to hack lib/Frontend/InitHeaderSearch.cpp to remove system default
include paths and add paths to our alternate sys root used by the cross
compiler using AddPath()

We need to add -D__VFP_FP__ to our cc compiler args. (I call these CFLAGS in
my Makefiles) This fixes the error:
#error  This fenv header and set of APIs is intended for the ARM (with VFP)
architecture only.

Now I have a beautiful html report with all of my many memory leaks that I
can now fix.

Thanks again everyone for your help with this. You folks are great.

-J