[cfe-dev] Using clang static analyzer on linux with Objective C for arm-apple-darwin9-gcc

Jay Bone jbonedev at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:13:58 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Eli Friedman <eli.friedman at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Jay Bone<jbonedev at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Eli Friedman <eli.friedman at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Probably clang is using the wrong target triple; try setting CLANG to
> >> "clang -ccc-host-triple arm-apple-darwin"
> >>
> >> -Eli
> >

> > Adding this to my Makefile
> > CLANG='clang -ccc-host-triple arm-apple-darwin'
> > (Tried with and without single quotes if that matters)
> >
> > I get
> >
> > cannot find 'clang-cc' in 'clang' command
> > make: *** [GridRow.o] Error 9
>
> Ah, bleh, I didn't actually test this before I suggested it.  Try r72538.
>
> -Eli

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm really new to Objective C and
Clang.
What is r72538?

About Ted's comment
> That's a (recently introduced) ccc-analyzer issue.  We plan on fixing it
soon by rewriting
> ccc-analyzer to reuse the clang driver internals directly because the
current
> implementation is really brittle.  Unfortunately we won't start working on
that for at
> least a couple weeks.

Is there a quick/dirty workaround I could patch the perl code with?

Or some earlier revision I could revert to? (Would this mean checking out
from svn and rebuilding everything again?)

-J