[cfe-dev] Trying to work on "C++ Type-checking for copy assignment" project

Vyacheslav Kononenko vyacheslav at kononenko.net
Fri May 15 21:29:38 PDT 2009

Hello,
I am interested to provide some help to your project. So I made some
changes for subj, as assignment resolution does not work corectly for
C++. Work is not finished, but I want to check if I am on the right
direction. Please check attached patch for clang. I changed
Sema::CreateOverloadedBinOp so it does not use built-in assignment
operator in case left operand is a class instance but generates error
err_ovl_no_viable_oper ("no viable overloaded '='")  instead. Is it
proper error message for this case?
I added copy-assignment.cpp to validate this change, but the change
made other tests fail (error message changed from incompatible type
assigning '%0', expected '%1' to no viable overloaded '='), I can fix
them but I need to know what error should be used in this case.

Thanks,
Vyacheslav