[cfe-dev] checker 0.195 fails on Mac (can't find 'stdint.h')

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Tue May 12 11:07:05 PDT 2009

On May 9, 2009, at 7:18 PM, Gary Boone wrote:

> Y, the '#if 0' worked. Thanks so much!
>
> I'm on OSX 10.5.6.
>
> Yes,
> /usr/include/stdint.h -> gcc/darwin/default/stdint.h
>
> Love this tool. Can we update the webpage updated to reflect this
> patch? I'm guessing a lot of people will try the tool and get stopped
> by this issue. Also, the tool is considerably simpler to run
> successfully when preceded by 'xcodebuild clean' for XCode/iPhone
> development. So that tip on the web page would help newbies, too.
>

> Thanks,
> Gary

Hi Gary,

We suspect that the version of the iPhone SDK you are using did not
(by accident) include stdint.h.  What version are you using?

Can you provide the output of 'scan-build -v -v' around the command
that is failing?  We're looking for the invocation of 'clang-cc' that
produces the error that you are seeing.

Ted