[cfe-dev] Initial exception support for the GNU runtime

David Chisnall theraven at sucs.org
Fri May 8 10:09:37 PDT 2009

On 7 May 2009, at 22:52, David Chisnall wrote:

> - Only id @catch statements are currently working.  This is enough
> for NS_DURING and friends, but I need to spend more time reading the
> output from gcc -S to work out how it finds the class pointer to
> make arbitrary class type catch statements work.

Turns out it's easy - the GNU runtime uses class names, not class
pointers.  I was missing an objc_get_class() reading the code.

Attached diff fixes this, should fix it on 64-bit platforms (untested
- I don't have a machine to try it on), and removes two FIXMEs that I
forgot to remove before sending the last patch.

David