[cfe-dev] Driver.cpp compile error in VS2005

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 22:50:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

New guy here.  In running the Visual Studio ALL_BUILD.vcproj generated by
cmake, I get a compile error in Driver.cpp:

1>Driver.cpp
1>.\Driver.cpp(40) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'Diagnostic'
1>.\Driver.cpp(41) : error C2511: 'clang::driver::Driver::Driver(const char
*,const char *,const char *,const char *)' : overloaded member function not
found in 'clang::driver::Driver'
1> C:\Tools\llvm\tools\clang\include\clang/Driver/Driver.h(39) : see
declaration of 'clang::driver::Driver'
Curiously, the Diagnostic parameter is missing in the above message.  This
error goes away if I add a "clang::" qualifier to the "Diagnostic" symbol in
both the constructor declaration in Driver.h and the constructor
implementation in Driver.cpp.  I.e.:

public:
  Driver(const char *_Name, const char *_Dir,
         const char *_DefaultHostTriple,
         const char *_DefaultImageName,
         clang::Diagnostic &_Diags);
and:

Driver::Driver(const char *_Name, const char *_Dir,
               const char *_DefaultHostTriple,
               const char *_DefaultImageName,
               clang::Diagnostic &_Diags)
VC++ quirk?