[cfe-dev] TableGen warning groups: overlapping groups?

Sebastian Redl sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at
Wed Mar 18 09:36:51 PDT 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:12:49 -0700, Ted Kremenek <kremenek at apple.com>
wrote:
> Since a warning can belong to multiple Options, what are the semantics
> when one Option containing a DiagnosticControlled is enabled and
> another disabled?

The frontend goes through the options in command line order and enables and
disables the individual warnings as it comes across the options. Thus,
later options override the choice made by earlier options.
This allows the user to enable a large group of warnings, and then
selectively disable smaller groups or individual warnings.

> Moreover, since Option also subclasses
> OptionControlled, conceivably it can belong to the
> list<OptionControlled> of another option.  I'm assuming this basically
> means "inline the DiagnosticControlled" values of the included Option,

Yes.

Sebastian