[cfe-dev] TableGen backend to generate .def warning files from .td files

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Fri Mar 13 16:02:34 PDT 2009

Today I added a TableGen backend to generate our current .def warning
files from TableGen .td files.  This is part of the effort to provide
fine-grained warning control for Clang.  Moving the warnings over to a
declarative TableGen format moves us closer to this goal.

Sebastian: Is it possible to regenerate (sync) the warnings .td files
with the current .def files using the technique you used before?  I'd
like to test the TableGen backend to make sure that we're generating
the same set of warning definitions.

After the backend generates equivalent (in functionality) .def files,
the plan is to remove the .def files from Clang and have them
automatically created during a build.