[cfe-dev] A patch for a new callback for the preprocessor

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Thu Mar 12 10:32:50 PDT 2009

On Mar 12, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Paolo Bolzoni wrote:

> dear cfe-dev,
>
> while working with your preprocessor,
> I found really useful to attach callbacks to events such as
> ChangeFile.
>
> Now I also needed a new callback hook for the `macro expansion'
> event, which seems to be missing. Hence, I am proposing the attached
> simple
> patch.
>
> This new feature allows me to code checkers for coding rules like
> `Your program shall not use the setjmp macro'

Sure, sounds good.  I committed a modified patch here:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20090309/013849.html

Note that this will have limited utility for function-like macros.  It
might be better to call the callback down lower after the MacroArgs
are parsed and constructed.

-Chris