[cfe-dev] Can no longer build Clang with MSVC

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Wed Jun 24 11:40:21 PDT 2009

On Jun 24, 2009, at 10:59 AM, AlisdairM(public) wrote:

> Something has changed in the Clang project in the last 48 hours that
> means I can no longer build clangFrontEnd, using MSVC Express 2008.
>
> The problem is in the move semantics of ownership.h, and looks like
> a Visual C++ bug that a class template cannot access members of its
> own type in its constructor.  I have tried following the note in the
> comments to enable /Za but that doesn't seem to be helping.
>
> The really odd thing is that it does not look like this file has
> been updated for a while, so why it suddenly fails for me now I have
> no idea.
>
> Any hints that might get me started again appreciated.

Ugh. We need more Clang developers working with Visual C++. Sorry, I
don't have a good answer for you. If you find a solution, or if anyone
finds a solution, I'll be happy to commit it ASAP.

> Also (unrelated) I have been waiting for >5 days now for a password
> to Bugzilla, and not received a response from mailing the support
> link on the sign-up page (other than to say its in an a moderator
> queue)  Is this normal?

Tanya Lattner replied with:

   I'm sorry, there was a problem on the llvm.org server. I believe it
should be fixed now. Please try to create your account again and if
you have problems, feel free to email me directly offlist.

Have you tried to create your account again?

	- Doug