[cfe-dev] Excluding particular checks

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 11:46:10 PDT 2009

hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to exclude certain types of
checks (like for example, "Value stored to 'foo is never read") by
passing command line switches to scan-build ? I looked at the output
of 'scan-build --help', but that only lists a few:

 (+) -checker-cfref                       - Run the [Core] Foundation
reference count checker
 (+) -warn-dead-stores                    - Warn about stores to dead variables
 (+) -warn-objc-methodsigs                - Warn about Objective-C
method signatures with type incompatibilities
     -warn-objc-missing-dealloc           - Warn about Objective-C
classes that lack a correct implementation of -dealloc
 (+) -warn-objc-unused-ivars              - Warn about private ivars
that are never used

Are there any more warnings I can turn on/off, and where would that be
documented ?

Thanks,

Regards,

John Smith.