[cfe-dev] [patch] eliminate noisy warning on MSVC

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sat Jun 13 13:52:47 PDT 2009

On Jun 13, 2009, at 8:40 AM, AlisdairM(public) wrote:

> The attached patch eliminates a noisy warning building Clang with
> Visual
> C++.
>
> Essentially, if MSVC sees an operator new overload, it expects to
> see the
> matching operator delete in case an exception is thrown and it needs
> reclaim the storage.  In this case the warning is redundant, as the
> operator
> new overload is declared with an empty throw specification.

Looks great to me, applied here:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20090608/018143.html

Note that clang (with g++) builds with -fno-exceptions, so I think
this really really should be fine.  I tweaked the comment in the patch
to be more grammatical, please end sentences with proper punctuation
etc.  Thanks for the patch!

-Chris