[cfe-dev] False positives when analyzing 'sdlmame'

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:58:21 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am not a developer myself (just a lowly system administrator), but I
was intrigued by the idea of an open source static source analyzer
Just the Same. So I decided to run scan-build on my favorite emulator,
'sdlmame', and posted the results of the scan/build to the sldmame
forum. there it was looked at by qat least one developer, and he
noticed at least two false positives.

Now since im not a developer myself, I can only point to the forum
posts, the analyzer results, and the source code, hoping that someone
on this list is interested enough to investigate further. The main
reason I did not post a bug in the bugtravker instead of sending this
message to the mailing list is because I cannot create a (small)
testcase myself :(

Anyway, here's the info :

The source code on which the analysis was run:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ndj2wjkgjf
The full results of the scan-build analysis:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ryyvj3lazma
The post on the forum discussing the two false positives:
http://www.bannister.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=50763#Post50763

Please feel free to ignore this message if it is not at all helpfull,
or if I violated the mailing list rules, and if that is the case, then
I sincerely apologize,

Regards,

John Smith