[cfe-dev] RFC: Clang test runner changes

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Thu Jul 30 20:33:58 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM, John
Thompson<john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com> wrote:
> Question:  I made a change and three tests are failing, but I can't find any
> sort of log file or message that tells me what the errors were.  Is there
> one in the test tree somewhere?

You can get 'extra' output by default with:
--
make VERBOSE=1
--

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Mike Stump<mrs at apple.com> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2009, at 12:24 PM, Sebastian Redl wrote:
>> All test results are in the Output subdirectory of clang/test. The
>> directory structure there should be the same as in the test source
>> directory. The interesting files are the .testresult files, since they
>> contain the command invocation and all output.
>
> $ find test/Output | grep testresult
> $
>
> I think you need to update your tree!
>
> But, to answer the question, the new method seems to be:

The 'traditional' method has been and still is:
--
/path/to/clang/test/TestRunner.sh p1.cpp
--

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Eli Friedman<eli.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:
> The testrunner doesn't create .testresult files anymore.

I can reenable .testresult files (only for failures, probably), if
people used that, but I'd rather just spend time making the tester
easier to use.

 - Daniel