[cfe-dev] Unicode update

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:41:38 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 4:00 PM, AlisdairM(public)<public at alisdairm.net> wrote:
> Sorry - I was thinking about support for char16_t/char32_t and the new literals from the Unicode TR here, rather than UCNs and extended Unicode characters in source files (which I assumed we should simply always support in C99 mode)

Oh, oops, I wasn't reading carefully enough.

> So should I add a command line switch to explicitly enable the Unicode TR?
>
> Should I add an experimental C1x mode to support Unicode and _Static_assert in C?

I think an experimental C1x mode would be the best way to deal with
this, similar to the C++0x mode.  I don't think a separate Unicode
command-line switch is really necessary; it might be simpler to have a
"UnicodeTypes" boolean in LangOpts so that you don't have to write
constructs like "if c++0x or c1x" all over the place, though.

-Eli