[cfe-dev] Running the Clang tests on windows

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Sat Jul 25 08:48:19 PDT 2009

I did some work on the test runner tonight and it is starting to work
on Windows now. There are lots of issues to resolve, as expected:

1. clang doesn't have the right headers for MSVC. On my system it
finds stdio.h from MinGW, which doesn't work. cmake also initially
found python from MinGW, which completely doesn't work.

2. I'm getting various crashes or unexpected behavior. I expect that a
lot of these are real bugs. However, its annoying as stands because
you have to cancel a little dialog box every time clang crashes. Maybe
we should disable the dialog in clang/clang-cc.

3. There seems to be a problem with llvm::sys::ExecuteAndWait, it
looks like any test that uses the driver to call clang-cc fails due to
this.

4. Lots of tests fail due to the extra utilities being used (not,
count, etc.). I do happen to have grep on my system, but most Windows
users wouldn't.

The final tally was 352 failures out of 1391 tests. It's not
particularly speedy (~4m), but my PC is quite old...

 - Daniel