[cfe-dev] make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1 fails

Robert Purves listrp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 01:13:03 PDT 2009

Hoping to examine clang's performance, I attempted a Release build of
LLVM + clang. After 'make update' from my llvm directory to update to
revision 75115:

$ make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1
llvm[1]: Compiling Alarm.cpp for Release build
llvm[1]: Compiling Atomic.cpp for Release build
llvm[1]: Regenerating LibDeps.txt.tmp
llvm[1]: Updated LibDeps.txt because dependencies changed
llvm[1]: Checking for cyclic dependencies between LLVM libraries.
find-cycles.pl: Circular dependency between *.a files:
find-cycles.pl:   libLLVMAsmPrinter.a libLLVMCodeGen.a
libLLVMSelectionDAG.a
llvm[1]: Building llvm-config script.
cat: /Users/rp/Desktop/llvm/tools/llvm-config/FinalLibDeps.txt: No
such file or directory
make[1]: *** [/Users/rp/Desktop/llvm/Release/bin/llvm-config] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

This is on OS X 10.5.7. The error persists after 'make clean'. A Debug
build is normal.

Robert P.