[cfe-dev] Patch for UCNs in string literals

AlisdairM public at alisdairm.net
Sat Jul 4 07:52:03 PDT 2009

The attached patch applies N2170 for C++0x, which broadens the range of
valid UCNs in string literals, but not identifiers.

It does not address any of the outstanding issues such as no support for
UCNs in identifiers or character literals.

It does address an outstanding FIXME to issue an extension warning when
encountering UCNs in non C++/C99 mode.

Attached are two test cases that should go into the directory:

	...\llvm\tools\clang\test\CXX\lex\lex.charset

For some reason I can't get my patch generator to add new files :¬(

One test is for C, the other for C++0x.
Both are XFAIL for now, due to a number of unimplemented features this
paragraph relies on.  However, I have confirmed that n2170 passes the
correct subset of tests.

AlisdairM