[cfe-dev] clang, ccc, llvmc

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Jan 27 22:07:42 PST 2009

On Jan 27, 2009, at 7:30 AM, Makslane Araújo Rodrigues wrote:

> Can someone tell me the relationship between clang, ccc and llvmc?

You forgot xcc :)

clang -> low-level executable for testing and underlies compilation
and static analysis.
ccc/xcc -> compiler driver.  xcc is the new one that will eventually
replace ccc.  We expect users to actually use ccc, not the clang
executable directly.
llvmc -> a generalized compiler driver that can drive many things
including clang.  None of the clang developer's are currently using it
yet afaik,

-Chris