[cfe-dev] Success compiling Adium

David Smith catfish.man at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 16:03:29 PST 2009

On Jan 25, 2009, at 3:44 PM, steve naroff wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2009, at 6:35 PM, David Smith wrote:
>
>> 	I just successfully compiled and ran Adium for the first time using
>> ccc. Thanks to everyone involved for the huge progress that's been
>> made :) At the moment compile times are around 50% slower than GCC
>> 4.2
>> for the whole project, but I haven't yet investigated why that is.
>> The
>> next thing I plan to try is compiling with precompiled headers
>> disabled to see how much that changes the ratio.
>>

> Thanks for the update/info!
>
> Two things to verify...
>
> #1: Make sure you are running "Release" build of clang.
> #2: You might try using clang's recently added "token cache" feature.
>
> snaroff

I did make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1 when building llvm, then did:
export PATH=/Volumes/Other/llvm/Release/bin/:$PATH
export CCC=/Volumes/Other/llvm/tools/clang/tools/ccc/ccc
time xcodebuild -parallelizeTargets CC=$CCC LD=$CCC
So I believe that should be with a release build of clang. However, it
didn't feel as much faster than the debug build I had as I would have
expected, so I will double check that.

How would I go about using the token cache? Looking at Tools.py, it
seems to attempt to do some things with it automatically, but it's not
completely clear to me that what I'm doing would be sufficient to
trigger that.

			David