[cfe-dev] SelectorTable and IdentifierTable

steve naroff snaroff at apple.com
Tue Jan 20 17:53:29 PST 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 5:23 PM, Ted Kremenek wrote:

> Is there a specific reason why we need both IdentifierTable and
> SelectorTable?  Why not just have IdentifierTable use SelectorTable as
> an internal data structure, and have all selector creation go through
> IdentifierTable?  It seems to buy us nothing that have two separate
> concepts from the perspective of clients.
> ______

Hey Ted,

What's the benefit of unifying them? (other than removing some API/
code).

Having two separate table's that model the C/ObjC namespaces may be
better from a lookup perspective (fewer hash collisions). There may be
some size reduction I imagine (however I believe it would be quite
small).

Unless you see a performance win, I'm not sure fiddling with this
level of clang is important (for now, at least).

My 2$,

snaroff