[cfe-dev] Bugs 2746 and 3261

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 10:35:48 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it> wrote:

> These are complete show-stoppers for us.  Is there any hope
> they may be fixed soon?  Are there workarounds (even dirty
> ones) we might use so as to proceed with our work?
> Many thanks,

PR2746 shouldn't be too hard to implement, it's just that nobody has
gotten around to it yet.  It's just a matter of fixing the cast code
in Sema to implement additional rules when the destination type is a
union, and subsequently fixing CodeGen to know how to deal with it.

For PR3261, I'm not sure, but you might be able to pull some tricks
with location information.

-Eli