[cfe-dev] rdar URLs

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Wed Jan 7 13:51:54 PST 2009

On Jan 7, 2009, at 7:40 AM, steve naroff wrote:

> Radar is Apple's internal bug tracking system.
>
> Registered Apple developers have access to some of this data via
> Apple's Developer Support group.
>
> Since clang hasn't been formally released, the ADS channel won't help
> you.
>
> Chris may be able to give us more info...

I think you can get access to some radars through
bugreporter.apple.com, but probably not much.  Most of the bugs filed
in rdar are not particularly interesting ("foo doesn't work").  If
there is a commit that fixes a bug without a testcase, feel free to
demand a testcase from the committer :).  The rdar:// identifiers are
mostly just for interlinking the files, just like bugzilla PR
numbers.  Amusingly, the llvm-gcc sources are littered with rdar
numbers for all the apple local changes, which is pretty useless (IMO)
even for people with access to rdar.

-Chris