[cfe-dev] Clang, arm backend and SEH exceptions

Vincent R. forumer at smartmobili.com
Sun Feb 22 04:53:17 PST 2009

Hi,

Sorry to ask these questions because I suppose I could find the answers if
I was reading all the stuff
on LLVM/CLang website but I am a bit in a hurry :

1) It seems that Clang is progressing very well and last time when I read
it was posssible to
compile a FreeBSD kernel, I realized how you did a great job.
So now I would like to know if clang is a complete standalone compiler or
if it stills relies on gcc
to generate code.

2) I am interested by the development on arm-wince plateforms and I would
like to know if it was
possible to compile for this platform

3) I have proposed a training entitled "Implementation of table-based SEH
exceptions on ARM"
for GCC compiler, the problem is hacking GCC is very difficult, lack of
documentation, very old
architecture, ... and even if for now we manage to generate some stuff we
are far from a complete
implementation. So I would like to know if you plan to implement SEH
exceptions in Clang/LLVM ?
If not do you think it would be easier for us to contribute to Clang
instead of gcc ?

Regards