[cfe-dev] Massive CodeGen test failures on AMD64

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Tue Feb 3 13:40:13 PST 2009

Hi Sebastian,

I think there are multiple issues here. The majority of failures are
likely my fault and due to the switching to the new x86_64 ABI, I
haven't seen the failures because my target triple doesn't default to
a 64-bit one. I'll update the relevant test cases to force a
reasonable triple.

By the way, Daniel Berlin added clang testers to his buildbot. They
aren't triggered on every clang commit, but they are a nice resource
(which I admit I haven't been checking frequently) for seeing where
things go wrong. For example, the majority of failures were introduced
between here:
http://google1.osuosl.org:8011/builders/clang-x86_64-linux/builds/271
and here:
http://google1.osuosl.org:8011/builders/clang-x86_64-linux/builds/272
which includes the commit where I turned on the new x86_64 ABI
handling. See http://google1.osuosl.org:8011/waterfall for the
overview.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
 - Daniel