[cfe-dev] Fix to the exception specifications type checking

Nicola Gigante nicola.gigante at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:25:45 PST 2009

Hello again!

Douglas pointed me to a FIXME comment in SemaExceptionSpec.cpp that would be interesting to fix. In practice this would allow the last line of test/SemaCXX/exception-spec.cpp to compile (it's commented now).

I don't know very well how are the various clang classes, types etc... (and I'm learning) so I ask some questions:

To fix this bug I need to modify the Sema::CheckSpecifiedExceptionType method to check if the specified type is the class that contains the exception specification itself.
How do I obtain this class name? I think an additional parameter from the caller is required. In this case the caller is Sema::GetTypeForDeclarator. So I think I could get the class from the Declarator object? How?

Thank you :)

Nicola