[cfe-dev] Patch to quiet some options

David Chisnall csdavec at swansea.ac.uk
Mon Aug 31 16:01:31 PDT 2009

On 18 Aug 2009, at 06:59, Daniel Dunbar wrote:

> I think the right fix is to pass -pthread to clang-cc since it may
> change the language (depending on the target?). This will have the
> side effect of silencing the warning.

The attached diff passes -pthread on to clang-cc, which then ignores
it.  When someone comes to add support for platforms like HP-UX where
it actually does something there is now a place for them to do so.  On
platforms where it is silently ignored by GCC (I think that includes
everything we support so far), it now doesn't issue an unrecognised
argument warning.

David