[cfe-dev] Constructing use-def chains

moataz ragab mtzrgb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 08:46:28 PDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to construct def-use/ use-def chains for variables and array
references from the source code using Clang.  I skimmed through the code of
LiveVariables.cpp and supporting classes such as AnalysisData. I also looked
into llvm code to see how it is done. I am looking for recommendations and
have some questions. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think in the LLVM constructs the def-use chains in the liveness analysis
(LiveValues)? Correct?
In the LiveVariables.cpp this is not done. But it is possible to do it .
Correct?

Any recommendations or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Moataz