[cfe-dev] Fix for PR4701

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Mon Aug 17 23:16:29 PDT 2009

Hi David,

I'd like to sort out what we are doing with IsaExpr. I still don't see
a reason to complicate codegen and other clients with this expression.
This could just be because I don't want to implement support for it
(*grin*), but I think that if we really care about being future
looking we would move people to runtime functions; a custom expression
node for syntax which is identical to other general language syntax is
pretty gross...

Also, I noticed a regression with this patch, the problem stems from this:
--
+    if (BaseType != Context.ObjCIdRedefinitionType) {
+      BaseType = Context.ObjCIdRedefinitionType;
--
is this supposed to be ==? Otherwise it doesn't make sense, since
Context.ObjCIdRedefitionType gets initialized to the null QualType.

 - Daniel