[cfe-dev] clang vs. gcc

Filipe Cabecinhas filcab at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:23:59 PDT 2009

Hi,

Neil Booth wrote:
> If you declare it instead as
>
> 	extern const void a;
>
> the code is valid C.
>
> Neil.

Thanks. "const void" is a type that's different from "void"... I
wouldn't get there by myself :-)

Also, I'm trying to compile valgrind using clang. valgrind doesn't use
any libc functions (due to possible false warnings) so it uses GCC's
__builtin_{set,long}jmp(...). I noticed they're not implemented in clang
(and may never be... even in GCC's docs I didn't find anything about
those builtins (only that the ADA backend uses them).

How could I get this to work? Is there any other way short of building
(with GCC) a *.o file that exports those definitions or implementing it
myself?

Regards,

   Filipe