[cfe-dev] Policy for adding new TargetInfo to Clang?

Greg McGary greg at mcgary.org
Sat Apr 18 14:28:21 PDT 2009

Clang has no target definitions for several LLVM targets, notably:
     mips, xcore, ia64, alpha, cell
not to mention the non-machine targets:
     MSIL, CppBackend, CBackend

My personal interest is to observe a variety of LLVM target backends in
action and use clang to provide input for them.  Lacking experience and
access to some of these, I probably won't be able to always provide
complete& accurate sets of CPP predefines.  Question: will you accept
patches for new XXXTargetInfo classes that are possibly
incompete/inaccurate, but still useful for LLVM experimentation?