[cfe-dev] Making a C parser.

Cédric Venet cedric.venet at laposte.net
Tue Sep 30 03:59:27 PDT 2008

> - it is a good idea taking the clang (driver) code as base for making a
> smaller, C only, parser that outputs the tree I need and uses clang (lib)?
> Or it is maybe better adapt clang (driver) itself?

you can already do this with the current clang drivers, no? with
-ast-print/-ast-dump and -std=c89 or any others (there is should also be
a serialize ast option but it is still broken I think)

You can write your own driver using the clang libs easily enough if it
don't fit your need (especially since libdriver has been extracted from
clang driver code).

but I am not sure I understand what you want to do?

Cédric