[cfe-dev] Confused about SourceLocs

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Mon Sep 29 14:46:48 PDT 2008

On Sep 28, 2008, at 5:32 PM, Nico Weber wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is it correct that both the logical and the physical location of a
> macro SourceLoc are always file SourceLocs?

yes.

> Just out of curiosity: Does clang in any way store which macro calls
> which other macros?

No, not currently.  I'm planning an eventual revamp of SourceLocation
that could capture this.  Right now it doesn't though.

> Finally, the attached patch adds some functions to
> FullSourceLocation that are useful in my eyes. It also modifies
> isValidMacroPhysOffs() to use the complete range of a two's
> complement integer.

Applied, thanks!
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20080929/007816.html

I tweaked Dump to rename it dump(), make it const, and change it to
use stdio instead of streams.

-Chris