[cfe-dev] Parsing after #include failure

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Tue Sep 23 22:53:39 PDT 2008

We continue parsing after #include failures, as does gcc. Is this
really a good design decision? I understand that it may be useful
in some cases (actually I can't think of ones I consider major). In
many common cases this just results in a cascade of type errors,
with the root cause left at the top.

Has this been discussed? Is there a good argument for this
behavior? If we wanted to report the entire set of include failures
I could understand continuing to lex but shutting down Sema.

 - Daniel