[cfe-dev] separate repository for test suite?

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Tue Sep 16 20:18:47 PDT 2008

In my opinion, the kinds of tests that go in the clang test level should
almost always be small and minimized enough that this is a non-issue.
For test cases I personally reduce I usually minimize aggressively
and do some canonicalization of names (f1, f2, f3 or foo bar), largely
out of personal preference but it covers the license issue as well. Small
test cases for regression or feature issues benefit everyone by running
faster and highlighting the issue.

For larger tests and for executable tests I think the LLVM style approach
is that they should be in a separate repository regardless of license issues.
Its not clear to me that this repo needs to be different from the LLVM test
suite one, however. I think we just need to provide better hooks for running
the LLVM test suite using clang.

 - Daniel