[cfe-dev] always_inline and noinline attributes
dpatel at apple.com
Wed Sep 3 14:24:48 PDT 2008
We discussed this at length. I've done some work on this front in llvm
and llvm-gcc. Now,
1) always_inline and noinline attributes are encoded in llvm IR as
2) llvm-gcc encodes these attribute in llvm IR
3) The standard LLVM inliner respects these notes.
4) A new special purpose inliner (AlwaysInliner), that handles only
functions that are marked as always_inline, is available.
5) llvm-gcc inserts AlwaysInliner pass in the pipeline if
A) Regular inliner is not inserted in the pipeline
B) AND, at least one always_inline function is seen
More information about the cfe-dev