[cfe-dev] "Blocks" in Clang (aka closures)

David Chisnall csdavec at swansea.ac.uk
Tue Sep 2 15:39:24 PDT 2008

Hi Steve,

I could be wrong, and he only proposed the feature rather than
implementing it.  His 1991 Taskmaster position paper at ECOOP
described them.  His blocks were only downward funargs (intended for
exception handling), but the POC implementation using the same
syntax, I believe, allows them be full closures.  The Taskmaster
paper is well worth reading.

David