[cfe-dev] Should we build semantically invalid nodes?

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sun Oct 26 13:25:57 PDT 2008

On Oct 26, 2008, at 12:57 PM, Argiris Kirtzidis wrote:
> Anyway, if the consensus is that the parse tree is not important, I'll
> shut up :-)

To be perfectly clear, I think this was a really interesting and
useful discussion.  The only reason I'm pushing back so hard is that
we already have lots of concrete problems to solve.  I think we should
only pursue this sort of thing in the future, if/when the lack of this
capability is blocking something.

That said, I would strongly support changes to split up actions/sema
somehow (as long as we don't lose performance or clarity of the
code).  To me, it would be ideal if we could split up Sema into
different modules somehow based on purpose (types, decls, expr/stmts, c
++, objc, etc) rather than split up each individual action callback.

-Chris