[cfe-dev] Preliminary reinterpret_cast Sema patch

Sebastian Redl sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at
Sun Oct 19 07:26:15 PDT 2008

Updated patch.
Cast to self is brought in line with GCC's behavior, even though I still
think that it's wrong. Or maybe it's what was intended, and the standard
is defective.
Cast to integral of smaller size now fails.
Cast between object and function no longer depends on the NoExtensions
bit. I have no idea when this will actually be set, and I don't want it
to unexpectedly break things.

Argiris Kirtzidis wrote:
> And you are right, for C++0x it should probably be allowed without
> pedantic warnings.
GCC is not yet updated to do this, by the way. Yay, we've got better
C++0x support (in a very minor subpoint). :-)

Sebastian