[cfe-dev] Ownership of Stmts and Exprs, and destroying them

Sebastian Redl sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at
Sun Nov 23 10:44:22 PST 2008

Howard Hinnant wrote:
> If we need a unique_ptr that isn't dependent on boost, I can supply
> that (it would require parts of <type_traits> and something to replace
> boost::compressed_pair).  I haven't tested the link above in several
> years.  I know it used to work but you know how software decays.  The
> unique_ptr<T[N]> specialization (which you don't need anyway) is no
> longer part of the working draft.

That would be exactly what I need. Right now I'm doing the ownership
transfer manually, and that's really not the right way. If you could
de-boost your unique_ptr, I'd be really grateful.

However, using this consistently would mean a pretty big API change. I'd
start out using it in the parser only.

Sebastian