[cfe-dev] new clang build break...

Cloud Strife geforce8800 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 00:29:03 PST 2008

Hi everyone.
I checked the clang code last night and built it with Visual studio 2005.
However, I failed.
One obvious error can be found:
In the clangSema project, the semaExpr.cpp,

static IdentifierInfo *constructSetterName(IdentifierTable &Idents,
                                           const IdentifierInfo *Name)
 llvm::SmallString<100> SelectorName;
  SelectorName = "set";

The cl.exe complains the llvm::smallString doesn't support the assign
operator. When switched to the llvm smallstring declaration, I found no
overrided "=" operator. I am using the LLVM 2.4 released. Because I though
the svn version maybe has some special things which can't be let pass by
Microsoft compiler.

If anyone knows how to deal with that, some discussion is highly welcomed.
Thank you.
--
Best regards.