[cfe-dev] Rewrite Objective-C to C

Dado Colussi dado.colussi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 06:41:41 PST 2008

Hello everybody,

I am new to this list, and my inexperience in compiler technology is
likely to shine in my questions. Here we go...

I am interested in trying to use clang to convert Objective-C code to
C, and compiling the generated C code with 3rd party compiler. I have
managed to convert and compile a very simple hello application on my
Mac using Apple's runtime after having tweaked the generated code. I
have failed with anything more complex than the hello in one file.

I wonder:
* How realistic and feasible my approach is?
* How mature the rewrite code in clang is?
* Is there enough community interest to actually make the rewrite code
complete?

Cheers,
Dado