[cfe-dev] Simplify/fix-up Sema-level struct layout

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Wed May 28 07:56:08 PDT 2008

Patch per subject.  This simplifies the code a bit by sharing the same
codepath for unions and structs, and fixes some bugs with some edge
cases (the edge cases addressed are in the testcases in the patch).
As far as I know, this is correct on X86 for all combinations of
bitfields, the packed attribute, and the aligned attribute in both
structs and unions.  However, I haven't tested heavily.  (Anyone up
for making a struct/union fuzz tester?)

At the moment, codegen for packed bit-fields is broken, but that's a
separate issue.

-Eli