[cfe-dev] Implementation of stddef.h

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Sun May 18 15:23:29 PDT 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya.co.uk> wrote:
> Eli Friedman wrote:-
>
>> Should I take the fact that there have been no comments as meaning the
>> patch is bad, the patch is okay, or just that nobody with the
>> appropriate expertise had the time to take a look at it?
>
> One more thing - since these macros use __typeof__, are we ever
> going to diagnose that as an extension?  If we do that might cause
> a problem for user code, unless our diagnostic handlers can weasel
> through the macro expansion level(s) and figure out it was actually
> defined in a system header.

AFAIK, we already suppress warnings in system headers.  And, at least
for the moment, clang's implementation of -pedantic follows gcc's
version in that we don't warn about the use of anything prefixed with
double-underscore.  (Since it's reserved by the standard, it's not a
constraint violation to use it, so we're conforming even if we don't
warn.)

-Eli