[cfe-dev] Objective-C Class, Protocol and Category generation

David Chisnall csdavec at swansea.ac.uk
Fri May 2 11:00:44 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Here is the next in the series of ObjC code generation diffs.  I've
also attached the little Objective-C program I've been using to test it.

Still to do:
- Constant strings (this will be quite major, since constant objective-
c strings are being lowered to CF strings far too early at the moment
and a lot of code is likely to need to be moved around).

- Message sends to super (not difficult, I just haven't got around to
it yet)

- The corresponding implementation for the Étoilé runtime (and,
presumably, someone wants to write one for the Apple ones too)

- Objective-C 2.0 stuff (much of ObjC 2 is syntactic sugar - or salt,
depending on your perspective -  and should be handled nearer the
front, but some things require runtime support).

David