[cfe-dev] Unable to build clang in MacOS 10.5.3

Mike Stump mrs at apple.com
Mon Jun 2 17:34:02 PDT 2008

On Jun 2, 2008, at 3:23 PM, Filipe Cabecinhas wrote:
> On 2 Jun, 2008, at 17:37, Mike Stump wrote:
>> You have to turn STL debug mode off, as it requires rtti.
>
> So... build llvm with ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1 and without the --enable-
> checking and stuff?
> I'm not getting that "STL debug mode off"...

Probably related to a line like:

   llvm/Makefile.rules:  CPP.Defines += -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG

if I had to randomly guess. I build on 10.6 and it usually works just
fine.  Building on 10.5 wasn't much different.  If you can explain how
exactly you built, maybe someone can spot what you might have done
wrong.

I build in separate trees and have clang checked out in the llvm build
tree, or something strange like that.