[cfe-dev] Compile errors with MSVC 2005 (SVN revision 53516)

Cédric Venet cedric.venet at laposte.net
Sat Jul 12 08:58:54 PDT 2008

> Hello,
>
> Compiling SVN revision 53516 with MSVC 2005 results in many compile
> errors similar to this one:
> [...]
> I'm using the llvm/win32/clang.sln project to build clang. Is this the
> correct way to do so?

Yes, but llvm is broken for VC2005 it seems.

In llvm/adt/alist.h:
There is two constructor and in some case VS complain

  alist_iterator(NodeIterT NI) : NodeIter(NI) {}
  alist_iterator(pointer EP) : NodeIter(NodeTy::getNode(EP)) {}

at first I was thinking it was because NodeIterT and pointer resolved to the
same type but doing some metaprogramming to remove one of the constructor in
this special case don't seems to work. In fact it seems they never are the
same type. So I don't understand what is the problem. And the error message
don't have the type nor the position of the instantiation error... really
strange.

I suppose you can try to revert llvm to previous 53209 (53210 added the file
on july, 8th), it should/may work. It seems Ted Kremenek compiled it ok with
one unknow version of VS. Ted? Was is VS2008 or VS2005sp1 or has it been
broken since rev53432?

Regards,

Cédric