[cfe-dev] Static analysis and Adium

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Wed Jul 9 10:04:57 PDT 2008

On Jul 9, 2008, at 1:25 AM, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

>> The HTML output is generated by HTMLDiagnostics, a subclass of
>> PathDiagnosticClient that appears in the Driver.  The analysis engine
>> just knows that it is interacting with a PathDiagnosticClient, and
>> has
>> no knowledge that the reports are being blasted to HTML.  This
>> decoupling between presentation of bug reports and the generation of
>> bug reports is intentional so that bug reports can be displayed or
>> processed in multiple ways.
>>
>> If there is interest in doing XML or text output, all one would need
>> to do is implement a new PathDiagnosticClient (and put it in the
>> Driver).
>>
>> Patches welcome!
>>
>> Ted
>
> I'm gonna works on an XML output. Is someone interested to do such
> thing too ?

Hi Jean-Daniel,

That's great!  BTW, the PathDiagnosticClient is an evolving interface,
and I'm completely fine with modifying it to make the world a better
place.  I'll make some changes to the Driver to make it easier to hook
up different PathDiagnosticClients to AnalysisConsumer (the
ASTConsumer that drives the different static analysis passes)  besides
just the current HTMLDiagnostics.

Ted